Office Phone: (973) 655-7332
TAKE-HOME TEST # 2
Please carefully read each of the following questions and respond to
ONE of them.
“Treating schools as a consumer good and giving parents
vouchers for the education of their children solves the problem
of quality and decision-making: parents choose the schools that
will best suit their children.” David Tyack.
Discuss this statement and provide an argument for or against
offering vouchers to parents for their children’s education.
Is education primarily a consumer good or a common good? In light
of current reforms in education discuss this statement.
Thomas Jefferson once said that the future of a democracy depends on
the education of its people. Discuss current reforms of school and
their implications for preparing citizens to live and work in a
1. Make sure you provide a clear argument with opening and
2. Where possible, use historical data to support and elaborate
3. Try to ensure that you clearly explain your terms and concepts.
4. In responding to each question, you are encouraged to draw
from your class readings and class notes.
5. Responses must be typed, double-space minimum 1500 words.
6. Strong responses will reflect (1) evidence of analytic thinking;
(2) use of appropriate historical data; (3) well-structured paper
using clear and concise language.
7. This essay question counts 15% towards your final grade.
8. All responses are due at the beginning of class on DECEMBER
at the start of class.
9. Minimum of 3 references
Examples of current educational reforms can include
charter schools, vouchers, NO Child Left Behind, President
Obama’s “Race To The Topic”, etc.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more